- The selection of a unique domain name is important. One needs to find out if the search shows any sites with similar domain names. If it does, a different name must be considered. For this, adequate research should be done.
- Brainstorming is an integral process of choosing the best domain name. It is the process that involves picking some words or phrases that describe the key topics of a website, and match the words to create possible domain names.
- The term ‘keyword’ refers to the words related to services or products used in a domain name. Though smart branding strategies yield excellent results, using keywords in a domain name is not always a bad idea. Online visitors or potential customers should know exactly what company sells on reading the domain name. Hire a professional domain registration company.
The Golden Criteria
- Domain name should be concise, creative, memorable and easy to be pronounced. Domain name must be simple to be remembered easily and entered in an address bar or a search field. In case of having a difficult name, visitors may end up typing incorrect spellings and getting directed to a different website. History has witnessed few companies choosing difficult names and losing their customers to the competitors. Moreover, domain name should be shorter enough so that visitors can remember without difficulty.
- It is advisable to explore some of the most preferred and commonly used extensions which online consumers find easier to be remembered.
- Trademark is a very important aspect of domain registration. It is necessary not to breach other’s trademarks. For this, partnering with a reliable and reputable online domain registration company is essential.
Numbers & Hyphens
- Often, numbers and hyphens are added in the domain name. Well, in case of a new business or start-up, this should be avoided because it may cause confusion.
Current Trend Is Not Future
- Many companies or professionals end up flowing with the trends. Well, anything that deals with something trendy will fade away with time. Hence, it is a wise idea to select a classic name that remains relevant across generations.